Thursday 12 April 2012

One Year Post Brain Surgery!

This is just a very quick post in case I don't have the time to write something more extensive today (quite possible, I am super busy!) to say - today is the one year anniversary of my transphennoidal pituitary surgery! A year ago right now, I was waking up in the hospital. At first it was pretty painful but I don't really remember that - I just remember being asked to rate the pain on a scale of 1-10 and spending several moments agonising (literally) about exactly what the range should constitute, then deciding on a five. Which was the right decision, because I got a whole bunch of morphine for my troubles. After that for the most part I didn't need much pain relief beyond paracetemol.

They wheeled me up to the ward after a while and I was outraged not to find my parents waiting for me, so I sent them a demanding text message insisting they come and see me (turns out they were not ever actually told that I had gone for surgery... that's another story) and was generally surprisingly perky for the rest of the evening thanks to a combination of steroids and morphine. Whoop! Also incredibly thirsty.

But anyhow that was a YEAR ago, which really is pretty hard to believe! My pituitary adenoma was significantly diminished after its encounter with my neurosurgeons... and now I'm waiting to find out how it looks one year on.

No comments:

Post a Comment